superuser in gnome

Hi, I am using gnome for the first time since I last tried it a little
over 10 years ago.
I've always used kde before and now running gnome due to some of the
feature gnome has to offer.

I'm trying to figure out how I can open a terminal un superuser mode so
I can work on some configurations.
I'm so used to kde that I was able to click run and then type in kdesu
konsole, but I'm sure its diiferent in gnome and I've tried to look up
what I need to do.

I'm sure I'll get the swing of gnome after a while like I did with kde.

Thanks
Harold

  • Re: [SLE] No more XD2 ..(.now I have X and KDE but cant login to Gnome)
    ... I got the gdm at runlevel 5 but when I chose gnome as the ... You'll need to run k3b setup first, if its the first time you used it. ... make sure you have no kde 3.1.1 rpms left. ... looking for the ximian rpms, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: From KDE to GNOME. Experiences, suggestions and comments
    ... So this is not a case of being fed up with KDE. ... I just decided to try out GNOME for a change. ... To the app, it makes no ... There is a menu called "Tabs", but it does not contain "New ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: OT: Ist Windows schoen und idiotensicher?
    ... sowohl Gnome, als auch KDE, als auch fvwm, als auch xfce usw. ... ein nacktes X11 Fenster hat keinen Rahmen und man kann es auch nicht ... ohne komplett auf Lunix umsteigen zu müssen... ...
    (de.etc.fahrzeug.auto)
  • Re: From KDE to GNOME. Experiences, suggestions and comments
    ... for ~4 years now and KDE for ~1 year. ... I've also tried PekWM, Gnome, IceWM, XFce, WindowMaker, Ion2 and some ... To the app, it makes no ... There is a menu called "Tabs", but it does not contain "New ...
    (GNOME)
  • [SLE] Hu?
    ... With the layoff announcementand the recent FUD article by a KDE developer ... Novell was dropping KDE in favour of GNOME. ... I asked my dad for clarification on why he thought GNOME was more professional ... developers without any technical merit, but purely based on emotional outcry. ...
    (SuSE)