is edubuntu 7.04 broken?

I'm running a few tests on edubuntu 7.04. I'm running into all kinds of
problems.

1. Software RAID didn't work the way it should
1. sdb1 was automatically placed in an array (md0)
2. I was unable to delete the array
3. I was unable to put sdb1 into a different array
2. I did an update a bunch of packages were not configured
1. Most if not all of the open office packages were not configured
2. There may have been other packages that didn't get configured
3. I had trouble with my mouse pointer
1. After the system boots I have a pointer
2. The pointer is there when I log in
3. The pointer disappears when I log out
4. It comes back when I reboot

I have never seen so many problems with Ubuntu before. I either have a
bad download/CD or someone didn't test it before it was released. What's
going on here?

  • Re: is edubuntu 7.04 broken?
    ... I was unable to delete the array ... I was unable to put sdb1 into a different array ... Most if not all of the open office packages were not configured ... After the system boots I have a pointer ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: char **argv & char *argv[]
    ... "pointer to pointer to char". ... >> pointer)) pointing to the first element of an array. ... so we have to start adding more context. ... type "pointer to char", rather than "array MISSING_SIZE of char". ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Who owns the variable in my header file ?
    ... to check the subscripts to the array and trap on error conditions. ... cast one type of pointer into another; you wouldn't then be able to step ... language trying to be C like, ... One reason being that the programmer can possible ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: why cannot assign to function call
    ... hypothetical C-like languages, ... sizeof business would still indicate that a pointer was being passed. ... talk about variables of an array type. ... the earlier version of the standard didn't have numbered ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: multi dimensional arrays as one dimension array
    ... please - where does the standard say that such a conversion ... Pointer conversion yields a pointer to the same object as ... exist only where there are array declarations. ...
    (comp.lang.c)