From: ubuntu-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of cj
Sent: 24 August 2007 16:23
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: Re: Remote desktop access

Re Alvarez wrote:

To be really true...Linux at the moment has no answer for MS remote
desktop protocol...
just FYI, incase you didnt know this, you can access micro$oft$ remote
desktop on ubuntu now, but you cant host a remote desktop with it, you can
only do VNC at the moment (unless theres a client out there that you can
download that is faster then vnc for ubuntu)

--cj

  • Re: Accessing Windows desktop on Solaris9
    ... something like remote desktop access. ... run server) or exceed. ... VNC servers to operate in a reasonable manner! ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Wheezy/XFCE: difficulties trying to provide remote desktop service with VNC server
    ... I'm hitting a problem trying to achieve remote desktop sharing for a new-build box with Wheezy/XFCE. ... Enabling vnc service in LightDM's conf file. ... # enabled = True if VNC connections should be allowed ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: i have a mac and want to remotely access a windows xp computer
    ... XP Home can *NOT* be a Remote Desktop host. ... Use VNC as noted by Bill and Shenan... ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ... > the router. ...
  • Re: Web-based remoting...
    ... I use VNC inside the network in our ... establsihed a secure channel - VPN like connection. ... remote desktop solution to administer a PC. ... the virus in order to sell virus software. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: remote control linux server
    ... NX is reportedly easier to set up, and compresses the data, thus is faster. ... With ssh, you can also forward X11-connections (with no need for VNC or NX), ... you positively want a remote desktop. ... which could be a problem if it is a Windows box. ...
    (alt.linux)