networking ?

I would like to access files on my Desktop from my laptop. Can anyone
explain how I can do this or to a site that will explain this in simple
detail. I have a router and use DSL to connect to the Internet. I use
Feisty on both computers. when I click 'Connect to Server' - I already
stuck on what 'Service type' to use. --yes I'm new

thanks, Dennis

  • Re: networking from laptop to PC malfunction
    ... PC is ethernet to router. ... >Laptop, Laptop not able to access files on the PC, unless I ... upgrade your antivirus program to the latest version and retest. ...
  • Re: Windows: WINNING!!!!!!
    ... time I start-up my laptop a major change has taken place. ... messages occasionally get stuck in the outbox. ... Agent, no outbound message has ever become stuck.) ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Network file/print sharing
    ... When I try to access files or directories on my computer ... Here is the log from the laptop for the session where I tried to access my ... > being dropped by the Windows Firewall. ... > opening the ports via the command prompt. ...
  • Re: Windows: WINNING!!!!!!
    ... time I start-up my laptop a major change has taken place. ... messages occasionally get stuck in the outbox. ... Agent, no outbound message has ever become stuck.) ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Picture files eror message
    ... fine since I bought new laptop. ... I can still access files by right ... open with> Photo Gallery but would like to be able to open them ... Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1 ...