Re: playing a video

< snip >

Is there any way I can change any settings so that I can view this
video, it is quite important to me?

Norman

No clue about settings change. However each time I am confronted with
such a problem, I try my two "emergency swiss army knife" player. First
vlc and secondly the one and only mplayer. I found that vlc succeeds in
about 80% of all the videos that I try to open with it and mplayer up to
now has yet to fail, more precisely, anytime it failed, the video was
defective and after a fresh download, mplayer was king, once again.

Mplayer gave the following:- 'Error opening/initialising video_out (-vo)
device'. Unless I am using Mplayer incorrectly, non of the videos will
play all giving the same error.

Norman