Re: playing a video

< snip >

Is there any way I can change any settings so that I can view this
video, it is quite important to me?

Norman

No clue about settings change. However each time I am confronted with
such a problem, I try my two "emergency swiss army knife" player. First
vlc and secondly the one and only mplayer. I found that vlc succeeds in
about 80% of all the videos that I try to open with it and mplayer up to
now has yet to fail, more precisely, anytime it failed, the video was
defective and after a fresh download, mplayer was king, once again.

Mplayer gave the following:- 'Error opening/initialising video_out (-vo)
device'. Unless I am using Mplayer incorrectly, non of the videos will
play all giving the same error.

Norman

  • Re: New Problem with Movies
    ... I can't play video with either totem or mplayer. ... I think the movie is playing, ... Audio stream found, -aid 1 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: abuntu edgy: video players strange behaviour
    ... play a video with mplayer, no others video playing in the meantime ... Playing 001.part. ... So it seems that the driver supports Xv but it doesn't work. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • No video output after upgrading a Debain/instable system
    ... I have been using Mplayer 1.0pre5 without any problem. ... play a file with mplayer a window opens but there is no video. ... STREAM: Description: File ... ==> Found audio stream: 1 ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: Pinnacle and Dazzle
    ... registered new interface driver em28xx ... I have never used usb audio, but guessing from the blog example I would try ... I can now get video and sound, although the volume is low, but it is there. ... The mplayer just quit, and won't restart, so I'll reboot and let it run ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Mplayer Frustrations - Getting Closer
    ... >> audio but no video, and run it from a command line like this, ... >> you what codec it's trying to use and whether it finds it. ... > said that mplayer couldn't be found and mplayer (the executable is ... > with the following settings: ...
    (Fedora)