Re: [users]Re: problem connecting to Windows network
- From: "(``-_-´´) -- Fernando" <Ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 22:25:06 +0100
On Saturday 08 September 2007 02:56:07 Jimmy Wu wrote:
On 9/7/07, Jimmy Wu <jimmywu013@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/7/07, Marc Rios <marcrios84@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
have you tried to access smb://ip_of_win_host ???
Yeah, that doesn't work
An update: just tried typing in the ip, and it works. Now my question is
what happened to the name resolution? Network printing won't work now
either, because the printer is attached to the Windows machine, and was set
up using the host name, not IP.
for some strange reason, that Im not aware, SAMBA doesnt do such a great name resolution. I had to chance the default config to "Host" to make it work a little better.
Also the only other way for it to work, is to place IP+Name on /etc/hosts
Linux user #443786 GPG key 1024D/A1784EBB
My new micro-blog @ http://BUGabundo.net
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: [users]Hide Glipper icon
- Next by Date: Re: Installing Yank from source
- Previous by thread: Re: problem connecting to Windows network
- Next by thread: Re: [users]Re: problem connecting to Windows network