Re: wusb54gsc on ubuntu, was:Back to ubuntu

On 09/16/2007 07:55 PM, debian wrote:
NoOp wrote:

No idea regarding the device, but a little googling produced:

I have really bad luck with source code and the ndiswrapper, the first
and second one would have worked, but the cd that came with my wireless
doesnt offer the required files (there hidden somewhere and i cant find
them no matter what i do, and yes i did try extracting the setup.exe
with no luck). I also downloaded the drivers from their website with the
same results.

the third one just flat out didnt work because that one reguards a
different device. sure the drivers are the same, but it didnt work. no
error message was produced, i followed the guide to the letter, but i
couldnt get it to work for some reason

Again, I know nothing about this device, but when you downloaded and
extracted the files in:

Driver Date: 8/02/2006
Driver Release Version: Windows XP/2K
Driver File Size: 6.91 MB
Driver Operating System: Windows 2000,Windows XP

[WUSB54GSC_dr.zip]

and followed the instructions in
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=459617 nothing worked?

<http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/index.php?/component/option,com_openwiki/Itemid,33/id,list_g-l/>
[Card: Linksys WUSB54GSC, 802.11b/g, USB 2.0]

the following is telling the kernel that when i plug in the device, do
this, this wont help for compiling, but if i can get it to compile, this
would be of great help

Perhaps someone with ndiswrapper experience will step in and assist.