Re: wusb54gsc on ubuntu, was:Back to ubuntu

On 09/16/2007 07:55 PM, debian wrote:
NoOp wrote:

No idea regarding the device, but a little googling produced:

I have really bad luck with source code and the ndiswrapper, the first
and second one would have worked, but the cd that came with my wireless
doesnt offer the required files (there hidden somewhere and i cant find
them no matter what i do, and yes i did try extracting the setup.exe
with no luck). I also downloaded the drivers from their website with the
same results.

the third one just flat out didnt work because that one reguards a
different device. sure the drivers are the same, but it didnt work. no
error message was produced, i followed the guide to the letter, but i
couldnt get it to work for some reason

Again, I know nothing about this device, but when you downloaded and
extracted the files in:

Driver Date: 8/02/2006
Driver Release Version: Windows XP/2K
Driver File Size: 6.91 MB
Driver Operating System: Windows 2000,Windows XP

[WUSB54GSC_dr.zip]

and followed the instructions in
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=459617 nothing worked?

<http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/index.php?/component/option,com_openwiki/Itemid,33/id,list_g-l/>
[Card: Linksys WUSB54GSC, 802.11b/g, USB 2.0]

the following is telling the kernel that when i plug in the device, do
this, this wont help for compiling, but if i can get it to compile, this
would be of great help

Perhaps someone with ndiswrapper experience will step in and assist.

  • Re: wusb54gsc on ubuntu, was:Back to ubuntu
    ... I have really bad luck with source code and the ndiswrapper, ... I also downloaded the drivers from their website with the ... sure the drivers are the same, but it didnt work. ... To unzip, just double-click the zip file in Nautilus, the archive ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: wusb54gsc on ubuntu, was:Back to ubuntu
    ... I have really bad luck with source code and the ndiswrapper, ... I also downloaded the drivers from their website with the ... sure the drivers are the same, but it didnt work. ... it compiled just fine on ubuntu 7.04. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: wusb54gsc on ubuntu, was:Back to ubuntu
    ... I have really bad luck with source code and the ndiswrapper, ... I also downloaded the drivers from their website with the ... sure the drivers are the same, but it didnt work. ... required drivers, but ill have to do it tomorrow, its 10 pm, so ill ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: rt2500 wireless card with WPA
    ... > How to do it is neatly described at the end of the following webpage: ... > I had no luck with the rt2500 linux driver: ... I've heard there were problems with ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant for ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: view source
    ... good luck, ... > Thanks for advice but it didnt work, ...