Re: Computer won't restart if turn off!

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 08:52 -0400, Ashley Benton wrote:

I don't know if I pressed kernel after I pushed esc I think I went to
boot and push e to edit. I have a line with rub edit> boot and after I
added acpi=off noapic but didn't push enter or esc because I wasn't
sure, so the computer is here waiting for? What do I do I press enter,
or esc?
right now you have on the screen
rub edit> boot acpi=off noapic
Thank you
Megan

I don't think thats the right place. Best bet is to reset the computer
and start again with those last instructions I sent.

  • Re: Computer wont restart if turn off!
    ... I don't know if I pressed kernel after I pushed esc I think I went to boot ... and push e to edit. ... I have a line with rub edit> boot and after I added ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: can you do a reg restore from a command prompt?
    ... Why can't you boot to normal mode? ... > hmmm,well when i tried to boot to safe w/ command prompt, i still got the ... >> That edit has nothing to do with your mouse and keyboard. ... >>>i edited some high and low filters from my reg trying to get xp home to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: how do I change boot order?
    ... You can edit the boot.ini file and manually set it back to the default. ... [boot loader] ... Click the Advanced Tab and in the Start Up and Recovery section, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Removing SVM from system
    ... Begin MDD root info (do not edit) ... assuming boot from network for ufsrestore work), ... But why don't you migrate to ZFS with LiveUpgrade? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Boot up failure
    ... and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" - and doesn't go any further. ... Or copy/paste what's already present and edit the line to add /SB:Minum to the end of the entry already listed. ... If none of the above work and you still have trouble getting to Safe Mode, you may have to boot to the Recovery Console in order to edit the boot.ini. ... Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)