Re: CD Not recognized by older pc
- From: "Liam Proven" <lproven@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:31:29 +0100
On 21/09/2007, Hugo Heden <hugoheden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have installed xubuntu on a 128MB RAM machine. Unfortunately, it is
swapping *a lot*, right after log-in.
So even though they state that the system requirements is 128MB RAM,
that does not work very well.
Hence, I guess there is not much hope for running a plain vanilla
Ubuntu of any kind with that little RAM. One could probably tweak
There is the Ubuntu Lite variant of the distro, which should run well
on such a machine.
Liam Proven • Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/liamproven
Email: lproven@xxxxxxxxx • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven@xxxxxxxxx
Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884 • Fax: + 44 870-9151419
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven@xxxxxxx • MSN/Messenger: lproven@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo: liamproven@xxxxxxxxxxx • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: CD Not recognized by older pc
- Next by Date: Reminder re Ubuntu on older PCs - Ubuntu Lite
- Previous by thread: Re: CD Not recognized by older pc
- Next by thread: Re: CD Not recognized by older pc