From: ubuntu-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of H.S.Rai
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 7:47 AM
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: php module for apache not working

On clicking a php file, through web server, instead of processing it,
it ask for download. apache2 and libapache2-mod-php5
apache2-mpm-prefork, php5 are installed.

I am using Ubuntu 7.04, Feisty Fawn.

However, on restarting apache2, it gave following error:

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Password:
* Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
httpd (no pid file) not running
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs

But webserver is running, and I am able to access static HTML pages.

What could be problem?

--
H.S.Rai

  • Re: PHP question
    ... I recommend not installing the .exe installers for PHP, but rather download the zip file. ... As far as a web server, setup Apache on port 81 so it doesn't conflict with your IIS so you can still write ASP.Net code without too much fuss. ...
  • Re: Hello: not so much php, more like HTML..?
    ... I want data files to be stored somewhere apache can't get to them directly, for security, but be available for download via a PHP script ... You mean Apache CAN get them, it's just not available with a straight HTTP request. ... Now it seems that if the opened URL is say a GET type form that takes some form of file ID, and is a PHP program itself, all I need to do is a mix of http_send_filetype stuff to push the data down a new browser 'window' ... I want to ensure they get downloaded to disk,and only if the local browser recognizes them, should they get opened by a local app. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Help with php5 install under windows
    ... This includes moving php from the ... Enable the PHP scripting language engine under Apache. ... or per-virtualhost web server configuration file. ... The PHP directives register_globals, ...
    (php.general)
  • RE: Virtual hosts and PHP "downloads": php5 and apache22 on FreeBSD6.1-STABLE
    ... Apache web server. ... Subject: Virtual hosts and PHP "downloads": php5 and apache22 on ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
    ... The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI ... under user IDs different from the user ID of the calling web server. ... Normally php and cgi scripts are not allowed to read files with the ... because the php script is run trough suEXEC. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)