ubuntu server 7.04 console framebuffer resolution
- From: "Clem Takahashi" <clemtak@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:46:32 -0400
I just loaded ubuntu server (minimal install - no X server) for the first
time and would like to use the framebuffer vesa video modes for my tty
console. In slackware I could do this by setting the vga=<vesa mode, e.g.
791> in lilo or grub. Apparently that's not how it's done in Ubuntu. There
is an fbcon (which presumably stands for "framebuffer console") module
loaded so framebuffers are apparently not compiled into the kernel but are
available as modules, so how do I use the framebuffer video mode short of
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Evolution crashes.
- Next by Date: Re: Dell PERC
- Previous by thread: Evolution crashes.
- Next by thread: Re: ubuntu server 7.04 console framebuffer resolution