Re: Screen rotation in Gutsy 7.10

Mario Vukelic a écrit :
On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 11:55 +0200, Loïc Martin wrote:
However, when I rotate the screen, nothing happens - and the Graphical
configuration tool for X doesn't have anything for it.

How can I get dynamic rotation in Gutsy - has anybody done it?

I can't really help because I have never used this feature, but the
release notes don't rally say that it reacts to rotation automatically,
just that it is possible to do without restarting X. MAybe it should,
but I don't know.

It sure would be nice for the graphical config tool to provide an
option, but maybe you can get by with the command line tool, xrandr. See
the manpage.

I eventually managed to make it working.

One need to add

Option "RandRRotation"

to the Section "Device" of xorg.conf,

then

sudo apt-get install gnome-randr-applet

and then add the applet to the taskbar.

Why all this isn't installed/configured by default fails my
understanding, since Ubuntu is actively advertising the feature for Gutsy.

Thanks a lot anyway,
Loïc