BUG: pure-ftpd-ldap (1.0.21-11ubuntu1): LDAP schema and syntax violation

I believe I have found two errors in current pure-ftpd-ldap packages shipped
with Gutsy:

1. Syntax error in attributetype description
The attributetype description 'FTPStatus' in the pureftpd.schema that ships
with 1.0.21-11ubuntu1 has a syntax error. The word "SYNTAX" is there twice and
should only be there once:

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.6981.11.3.7 NAME 'FTPStatus'
DESC 'Account status: enabled or disabled'
EQUALITY booleanMatch
SYNTAX SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.7 SINGLE-VALUE )
^^^^^^

The typo invalidates the schema and slapd won't start.

2. Setting either FTPStatus TRUE or FALSE always disables logins
The Syntax rule for FTPStatus only allows to set TRUE or FALSE. pure-ftpd
however expects either "enabled" or "disabled". If FTPStatus is present and
neither "enabled" or "disabled" are given, pure-ftpd always assumes
"disabled", which effectively disables logins if the Admin sets FTPStatus =
TRUE as required by the SYNTAX definition.

Patrick Koetter

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3 Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de

Amtsgericht München Partnerschaftsregister PR 563

  • Re: Need help with Field Codes
    ... All of the braces, including the internal ones, need to be inserted by Word, ... I was able to get past the Syntax Error problem I reported ... I want the field code to be replaced by the current year plus 1. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Need help with Field Codes
    ... specifically in the top left hand label. ... I was able to get past the Syntax Error problem I reported ... I want the field code to be replaced by the current year plus 1. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Need help with Field Codes
    ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... I was able to get past the Syntax Error problem I reported ... I want the field code to be replaced by the current year plus 1. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Syntax checker wtf?
    ... Ruby would give you a syntax error on a multiline ... SyntaxError: compile error ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Syntax (was: Perfrom Thru
    ... "This statement has violated the limits of this compiler" ... these are syntax violations in the Standard's definition of them. ... > whether the problem is a compiler limitation or it is a syntax error, ... >> Then not "source violates the SYNTAX rules of the Standard" ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)