Re: ASUS micro-laptop

On 11/1/07, Derek Broughton <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wonder what kind of Linux (for that matter, what kind of desktop) -
apparently nobody's told them "Linux" isn't a single OS. Man, when I went
shopping for a laptop a few weeks back, and saved $350 over the cost of the
one I was actually going to buy, I should have spent it on this - what a
neat toy for the road.

According to the Wikipedia entry, it's a modified Xandros-based
variant that is using KDE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asus_eee

-David C. Uhrig

  • Re: WAY OT: COmputer assistance requested
    ... holding off getting a computer for him because of cost. ... to become good with Linux. ... ask him because why buy him a laptop he won't like much, ... his mom's house to my house to school. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: I want to build a roller racer
    ... I know JAVA is out there but I have never looked at it, I suppose I will have to one day. ... I could probably find somebody who is retiring a laptop and install Linux. ... free (would have cost Millions back when I was a student) ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: WAY OT: COmputer assistance requested
    ... holding off getting a computer for him because of cost. ... some company in China has announced a Linux based computer for ... idea of providing him with some sort of laptop. ... configured with it's own operating system, and be able to boot it up on any ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: WAY OT: COmputer assistance requested
    ... holding off getting a computer for him because of cost. ... some company in China has announced a Linux based computer for ... and uses Intel chip sets. ... idea of providing him with some sort of laptop. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Advice on a new laptop please
    ... I will be shopping for a smaller laptop for the wife to use - just e-mails ... Will be changing 80% to Linux by year's end ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)