Re: Compiz question

Sridhar M.A. wrote:
On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 09:54:16AM -0500, Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> The one system has a feature enabled that I don't know how I did it...I
> move the pointer into the upper left corner of my four-desktop cube, and
> the display "zooms out" to show all four desktops side by side, where I
> can move windows among workspaces and see real-time content of the
> windows. Double clicking on a desktop or application from that view
> zooms into that workspace to fill the screen again.
>
> The other system I don't have this available by default.
>
> Any clues??

It is the Expo plugin.

How did I activate it? I don't see it under the gl-desktop's settings
unless I'm overlooking it, and didn't see it under synaptic.

  • Re: Compiz question
    ... > the display "zooms out" to show all four desktops side by side, ... > can move windows among workspaces and see real-time content of the ... > zooms into that workspace to fill the screen again. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Compiz question
    ... move the pointer into the upper left corner of my four-desktop cube, ... the display "zooms out" to show all four desktops side by side, ... can move windows among workspaces and see real-time content of the ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Time travel comic strip follies
    ... people are with computers and high tech gizmos when they ... Take Windows 8, for example. ... Anecdotal evidence isn't. ... with plenty who actually have desktops ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Time travel comic strip follies
    ... When you get really good with your high tech ... Windows a lot hate it. ... with plenty who actually have desktops ... The home computer users that were clearly being discussed. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Active Directory Domain on Ubuntu
    ... problem...they will see that Linux desktops would be easier to manage ... Windows Movie Maker 2.1, software used by the special needs team. ... I previously had test boxes in the library for the kids before the use ... but in the end I had to scrap the Ubuntu + Windows in vm setup because ...
    (Ubuntu)