Re: Internet Explorer

On Sunday 09 December 2007 02:20:58 Willis wrote:
In my research I have found that to use the esword-Ubuntu program I must
have the Internet Explorer installed for the program to work. I have it
installed in my root account and I thought that would be all I needed.
I can install esword to my root account and it works perfectly, but it
will not install to my user account. I have forgotten what I did to
install it and I would appreciate some help. I can find the program but
I did not take notes on the installation and cannot get it installed to
my user account.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Willis

I don't think it needs IE installed but can't say for sure. I take it you're
installing esword from the deb file? Maybe the problem is that you're
installing it to your root account and not on a normal (everyday user)
account?

As for IE, again not to the root account but your normal user account. You can
get it at

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

James

  • Re: ReInstall of System borked Admin Pwd for Apps
    ... But all released versions of Debian always install both a root account ... account and then a normal user account. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Solaris 9 invalid directories
    ... owners put into the machine and learn about the OS install at the same ... the machine had only the root account. ... > create another user account, both with useradd, and with the wizard in ... I tried to use patchadd. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Cannot login to root account on FreeBSD 7.0
    ... Cannot login to root account on FreeBSD 7.0 ... I found something a bit more interesting, csh crashes ... `CFLAGS='-ggdb' make`, then run `make install`. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Gtk-WARNING: cannot open display
    ... until i wanted to install an X window system. ... xserver-xfree86, xfonts-base, xfce, xserver-common, and a couple other font ... btw, i am using root, not a normal user account. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Internet Explorer
    ... installed in my root account and I thought that would be all I needed. ... I can install esword to my root account and it works perfectly, ... will not install to my user account. ...
    (Ubuntu)