Re: Can't mount /dev/hda3, now I'm '/home'less!
- From: "Michael R. Head" <burner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:45:35 -0500
On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 15:24 +1100, Owen Townend wrote:
Rather than booting from the disk, have you tried booting from the CD
to a recovery console (server disk) or gui (desktop disk) and running
`file -s /dev/hda3` or `dd if=/dev/hda3 of=/dev/null` and/or mounting it
just to see if it can read from the disk when _nothing_ else has been
loaded that could possibly be accessing it? By doing this, you can
isolate the issue further. Whether you can mount within a live-cd or not
can help rule out or confirm lower level issues than fstab and mount.
It mounts just fine when I use the Desktop CD and double click on the
drive in nautilus. I can see all my files just fine.
p.s. example file -s output:
root@mattimeo:~# file -s /dev/hdb1
/dev/hdb1: Linux rev 1.0 ext3 filesystem data (needs journal recovery)
Michael R. Head <burner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Can't mount /dev/hda3, now I'm '/home'less!
- Next by Date: dual-booting ubuntu with vista
- Previous by thread: Re: Can't mount /dev/hda3, now I'm '/home'less!
- Next by thread: Re: Can't mount /dev/hda3, now I'm '/home'less!