From: Davide Corio <davide.corio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 7:54:20 AM
Subject: Re: Amarok in Gnome

Il giorno gio, 27/12/2007 alle 14.46 -0800, Keith Clark ha scritto:
Does amarok work in gnome? I've installed it and when I want to play
a streaming radio station it says that there is no suitable demux???

Rhythmbox works ok with streaming stations though.

Hi,
i'm using amarok without problems under gnome.
If I remember correctly, it should auto-install all necessary codecs.
Are you using an up-to-date version?
On which ubuntu version?

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com

  • Re: amarok in ubuntu (with keyboard multimedia buttons)
    ... Except for the fact that in gnome, amarok is not the default multimedia app, ... Anyone knows how can I tell Mr. Gnome that I like amarok very much, ... Do I understand that the ubuntu and kubuntu installations you refer to ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • amarok in ubuntu (with keyboard multimedia buttons)
    ... out of the box both in ubuntu and in kubuntu. ... Except for the fact that in gnome, amarok is not the default multimedia app, ... Anyone knows how can I tell Mr. Gnome that I like amarok very much, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Breezy Badger - Ubuntu Kubuntu mix
    ... in the menues in Gnome I now have lots of KDE-applications, ... but use apps from the other. ... Or Ubuntu and Kubuntu as such different entities. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Breezy Badger - Ubuntu Kubuntu mix
    ... in the menues in Gnome I now have lots of KDE-applications, ... KDE, but use apps from the other. ... Or Ubuntu and Kubuntu as such different entities. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Gnome2 vs. Gnome3. Why not just port the old environment to the new toolkit?
    ... And before I'll start I have to admit that I never used Linux Mint in the past, and probably never want due to I'm through with everything Ubuntu-related ("But Kim, Linux Mint is something completely different, it's Ubuntu done right!" ... Anyway, I claim that Linux Mint is *only* the better choice over Ubuntu *if* you don't want to use Unity, which is in fact just a forked GNOME 3 fake, and a completely wast of time ("Kim, how dare you? ... I don't want to rant on Unity that much, to me, it's just a fork that exists because Canocical was pissed by the fact thet Red Hat took lead on the GNOME 3 development. ...
    (SuSE)