SOLVED Re: UT2003 demo - sketchy sound

Richard wrote:
Hi,

I installed UT2003 demo on Linux, as an attempt to move away from
windows, but hit upon a problem - the sound fx and music are really
jumpy. It's annoying. I'm not at my home pc at the mo, but I know it's
a Gigabyte board and a Realtek IC38(?) sound chip...

Sound is configured to automatic for drivers...

Any ideas?

Rich

Fixed it - found out to copy the openal.so file from the UT2004 demo...

  • Re: New page on using (Linux) computers for audio.
    ... to use a couple of Linux computers as machines for playing sound files. ... The other was based on reports about Windows and Mac OS that indicated that ... problem with Mac OS in a Stereophile some time ago. ...
    (uk.rec.audio)
  • Lets face it. Windows does do some thing better.
    ... >>>There's just some programs not working with sound at all. ... But that puts me even further and further away from Ubuntu, ... >>>And yet, using Windows XP the past three years on this laptop, ... >>i still don't get the point in trying ubuntu (linux), ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Advice request for new system planning
    ... I want to build a system that to run Linux (probably Ubuntu or Kubuntu, ... Sound card ... Windows runs nearly anything here. ... Bass tuned in fifths -- Classical Bass www.dennismasuzzo.com; ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... And I did not ask specificly for linux supported hardware, ... IDE CD-ROMS or DVD drives all ... > the sound events were turned on and the mixer showed volume was maximum ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... > audio which is not supported by linux. ... >> The very first thing I noticed was that there was NO SOUND even though ... >>started over with SuSE. ... So much for installing right out of the box on ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)