Re: need suggestion

Am Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:11:07 +0530
schrieb "Ramkumar.G" <ramkumar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Dear sir/madam

i have 40 gb hdd need install Ubuntu my requirement
is( / /home /boot /usr )how do i give the partition size.

If you have to ask, then I recommend not to do it at all and
let Ubuntu do it for you. It will put everything into one
partition.

Gerald

  • Re: Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?
    ... I had great hopes for Linux, and Ubuntu in particular. ... yet you also say you cannot recommend it to anybody. ... The point is, if Ubuntu has replaced Windows, why would you need to ... If you're dual-booting, then obviously, Ubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: What Distro?
    ... and not Ubuntu like most recommend. ... With newer hardware, Ubuntu is okay, but with older hardware, ... I have no plans to upgrade to Fedora 8 at this time. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: To our shed friends
    ... These daze most people recommend Ubuntu -- it comes as a CD or USB ... install from the trial media. ... Only major difference is the packaging system; ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: VNC ? again
    ... Even though I use Gnome v KDE I high recommend installing and ... testing I'd recommend turning off Ask you for confirmation - just make ... from two other systems and both work usind Krdc as the client. ... I want to access the Ubuntu desktops with both Ubuntu and Windows XP ...
    (Ubuntu)