Printer invisible thru USB-switch

Hey there !

I'm not new to Linux or even to Ubuntu but I've got a problem I can't
handle. My whife and I have been using different printers until now, for
technical reasons, but from now on we are going to use the same printer.
To make things easy I've invested in a USB-switch to make it possible to
switch on to the printer when ever one of us want to. Just to make it
tricky my whife is a windows-user and I'm a dedicated Ubuntu fan. So I
went and got a "ATEN US-401 USB-SWITCH". Windows handles it fine (it's a
windows thing) BUT Ubuntu can't see the printer thru the switch and
nothing I do seems to make any difference. Is there a way round the
problem or have I just waisted my money ?

Tom

  • Re: Printer invisible thru USB-switch
    ... I'm not new to Linux or even to Ubuntu but I've got a problem I can't ... possible to switch on to the printer when ever one of us want to. ... Just to make it tricky my whife is a windows-user and I'm a dedicated ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Printer invisible thru USB-switch
    ... I'm not new to Linux or even to Ubuntu but I've got a problem I can't ... switch on to the printer when ever one of us want to. ... tricky my whife is a windows-user and I'm a dedicated Ubuntu fan. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Irony
    ... > Some of the reasons I switched my desktop from Ubuntu to Debian were: ... > Within months of my switch, oops, here comes systemd. ... The technical aspects of systemd as they affect Debian users are in line ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Are we all crazy?
    ... IT'S VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Yes it's faster but only switch on and off (computer switch on and ... I was told that it's faster ONLY coz Microsoft made it less secure. ... You can't do any real work with Ubuntu. ...
  • Re: Welches Linux zu Beginn und wo drauf?
    ... Ubuntu ist IMHO wieder etwas Windows-ferner in der Bedienung, aber wenn man sich damit anfreunden kann, nicht schlechter. ... Aktuelle Linuxe beherrschen es, eine vorhandene Partition auf einer Windows-Festplatte ohne Datenverlust zu verkleinern, um Platz für eine Linux-Partition freizumachen. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.hardware)