Re: Slave Drive (resend)

Wayne Smith wrote:
Wayne Smith <AdminPublisher <at> earthlink.net> writes:

Anybody have any pointers about how to setup a slave drive???? I just
want to use it separately from the Filesystem as storage for my files.

I put it in the computer and formatted it with QTParted. For some
reason, though, it's not listed in Computer, and I have no idea how to
mount it up otherwise and use it.

The drive I'm trying to use is a Western Digital 80gb hard drive. I want to use
it separately from my filesystem as storage for my files. I have it setup as a
slave drive apart from the master drive. I managed to get it mounted by
reformatting it in ext3 with QTParted and rebooting the computer. Now, however,
it says the drive belongs to root and I can't read or write to it. It's an IDE
drive.

Simple.....

In a terminal window cd to the mount point (with the drive mounted) and
simply "chown username:groupname ." Where username is your user name. The
groupname is normally the same....

That should be "sudo chown....."

--
Bushydo -- the way of the shrub. Bonsai!

  • Re: Slave Drive
    ... Wayne Smith wrote: ... want to use it separately from the Filesystem as storage for my files. ... mount it up otherwise and use it. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: mount() function problem !
    ... mount() attaches the filesystem specified by source (which is often a device name, ... point within a file system. ... details of the options available for each filesystem type. ... Specifies the journalling mode for file data. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Odysseus update, change in file storage
    ... I just want an independent backup of my Eudora folder, ... also requiring far more storage, plus a complex and more fragile system, ... Search that is done inside a single-threaded MUA ... Filesystem implementations make certain operations 'atomic' from ...
    (comp.mail.eudora.mac)
  • Re: reiser4 plugins
    ... > an entire new storage array and this wasn't/isn't cheap. ... > following versions of an article; reduced the database by 85%). ... So a filesystem with intelligent ... Any "unnecessary double work" would squarely be within ReiserFS... ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [autofs] [RFC] Towards a Modern Autofs
    ... >entangling autofs with that work. ... >filesystem it's willing to export. ... >>map is mounted. ... The result is that some users will see mount points ...
    (Linux-Kernel)