Re: Small Download

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Lynmuel Uy <lynmuel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anybody here know where I can download Ubuntu ISO archived into small files. Im having difficulty in downloading the 700MB file.

I assume you're having troubles to download the 700 MB iso because of
your connection which might be slow and the download might "break".

You won't get a chance to get parts of an iso, but here's an
alternative for you:

* first you need to find a mirror close to your geographical location;
find your mirror from the list here:

* then pick up the release you need (the iso for your architecture,
the desktop or server edition, the live or the alternate install CD

* if you're using Windows: get the wget utility from here: - save it
for instance on your desktop ; next, unzip it. (I'll assume you've got
the file wget.exe on your desktop for this example)

-- Note -- If you're already using Linux you would of course already
have wget on your system so you wouldn't need to get it and unpack it.

* Start -> Run... -> cmd

From the command prompt, navigate to your desktop:

cd C:\Documents and Settings\YourUsernameHere\Desktop
wget.exe --tries=0 "theurlwiththeisofileyouneedtoget"

For instance - depending on your mirror and on the Ubuntu realease you
need - you'd issue something like:

wget.exe --tries=0

What the "--tries=0" switch does is basically reconnect "0 times" (as
in: forever) if the connection failed.

Good luck!

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: