Re: Small Download
- From: "Alexandra Zaharia" <f0rg3r@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:48:54 +0200
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Lynmuel Uy <lynmuel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anybody here know where I can download Ubuntu ISO archived into small files. Im having difficulty in downloading the 700MB file.
I assume you're having troubles to download the 700 MB iso because of
your connection which might be slow and the download might "break".
You won't get a chance to get parts of an iso, but here's an
alternative for you:
* first you need to find a mirror close to your geographical location;
find your mirror from the list here:
* then pick up the release you need (the iso for your architecture,
the desktop or server edition, the live or the alternate install CD
* if you're using Windows: get the wget utility from here:
http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/wgetwin-1_5_3_1-binary.zip - save it
for instance on your desktop ; next, unzip it. (I'll assume you've got
the file wget.exe on your desktop for this example)
-- Note -- If you're already using Linux you would of course already
have wget on your system so you wouldn't need to get it and unpack it.
* Start -> Run... -> cmd
From the command prompt, navigate to your desktop:
cd C:\Documents and Settings\YourUsernameHere\Desktop
wget.exe --tries=0 "theurlwiththeisofileyouneedtoget"
For instance - depending on your mirror and on the Ubuntu realease you
need - you'd issue something like:
What the "--tries=0" switch does is basically reconnect "0 times" (as
in: forever) if the connection failed.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Small Download
- From: Lynmuel Uy
- Small Download
- Prev by Date: Re: Laptop lockup
- Next by Date: Re: Small Download
- Previous by thread: Re: Small Download
- Next by thread: Re: Small Download