Re: Trying to mount archived mbox file from cdrom in folder of evolution profile

On 02/25/2008 11:36 AM, geoffrey froner wrote:
What I did:

My friend had several thousand(!) emails in Outlook Express and she
wanted to move to Linux. I Winzipped the emails and then unzipped
them in XP on a dual boot machine. Next I installed Thunderbird.exe,
and, slick and easy, imported the existing files. We could just
leave them on XP, or, in your case, on a CD and read when desired.
Or we could launch Linux (Ubu) and, using Evolution, or TB, import
the files across systems for more permanent access.

I hope this works for you (and anyone else with this problem).
Besides being buggy, Outlook makes it as difficult as possible to
import/export email files.

Cheers,

Geoffrey

Excellent points & this might be helpful:
<http://www.howtoforge.com/importing_outlook_express_into_thunderbird_evolution>

If you don't have a dual-boot Windows, you can easily install
Thunderbird via Wine and do the conversion that way. Then follow the
instructions on page 1 & 2. The remaining pages show how to get them
from Thunderbird to Evolution.

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:15 PM, John Toliver <john.toliver@xxxxxxxxx>