Re: Need help configuring a serial impact printer with Ubuntu 7.10

Johan Pretorius wrote:

|> Brilliant! The web interface to configure printers told me straight
|> away
|> that there is a problem with the Serial port (Permissions) - This was
|> easily
|> fixed.
|> Now the printer is printing, but it's printing garbage. I know that
|> when I
|> cat something to the serial port that it actually works fine (this is
|> when
|> it is a plain text file) but printing a plain text file seems to print
|> garbage (no idea where the formatting comes from). I will try the plain
|> text
|> driver to see if it works. Please let me know if you have any more
|> pointers
|> for me.
|> Thanks
| Just tried the Text only driver and there is still a lot of garbage
| than readable text) printed. Any ideas?

ive had good luck with .ppd files available from manufacturers websites.
~ the option is given to use one of these through cups web config. ive
never used an epson printer though or any printer via serial.

- --
Steve Reilly

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Stopping print jobs - second report
    ... both on the CLI and on the web interface: ... So I try to cancel the job via CLI: ... But it goes on printing :-( ...
  • Re: Network Printer IP address changes spontaneously
    ... Alan Adams wrote: ... your router's settings: ... Could not see how to change it though the web interface, ... Changed the IP address in Pinters and it is printing. ...
  • FreePBX Remote Exploit
    ... FreePBX web interface remote vulnerability ... The admin username and password for the web interface is stored in plain ...
  • [SLE] Announcing SuSEFAQ docman
    ... Well as the subject says it is now possible to submit documentation via ... a web interface. ... Plain text, html whatever ...
  • ms office printing from web page
    ... I am looking at building a CRM solution and would prefer to develop a .net ... web application rather than a desktop app. ... A web interface would work well for editing and displaying data. ... there are a number of printing requirements, ...