Re: Installing Apache 1 (but not Apache 2)

On Wed 05 Mar 2008 11:48:36 Sebastian Bassi wrote:
On 3/5/08, shaap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You have to type what you already have typed. Your log tells us that
apache
would have been installed (version 1.3). Which line in your log tells
_you_
that you would'nt have installed apache in the version you would like to
have installed?

I think is the presence of apache2-utils that upsets Sebastian. Sebastian,
this is normal, apache2 is *not* being installed.

Here is the last part of the output, please take a look at the last 6
lines (thank you for your help):

Setting up apache2-utils (2.0.55-4ubuntu2.3) ...
Setting up ucf (2.004) ...

Setting up perl-modules (5.8.7-10ubuntu1.1) ...
Setting up perl (5.8.7-10ubuntu1.1) ...

Setting up apache-common (1.3.34-2ubuntu0.1) ...

Setting up apache (1.3.34-2ubuntu0.1) ...
dpkg: error processing apache (--configure):
apache

Sebastian, this has nothing to do with what you asked - it's an error in the
configuration stage of apache 1. Apache 2 is not being installed.

Try sudo aptitude install -f
and see if it corrects the error you saw;

regards
FF

  • Re: [PHP] Question before upgrading to 5
    ... anyway I see you did do a dual apache setup, cool, and got it working properly. ... but it sure is a cool trick if you really need to run php4 sites and php5 sites on one production ... install of apache would allow you to do. ... php in so far as you can also specify a custom prefix to have ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: PHP Tutorials
    ... >> In this tutorial we assume that your server has activated support for PHP ... install a web server locally (not just Apache). ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Two newbie questions
    ... Apache to install OK but when I then tried to install PHP ... The packages mean it generally takes less skill and effort to install - ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Upgrade Fedora Core 3 to Fedora Core 5 Help please
    ... I run from apache for my family website. ... some of the nice new features that I hear about with Fedora Core 5. ... don't work anymore would be a real problem. ... Format and install fresh would be a real nice way to go and I ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Need Help with Adding mod_ssl to Apache
    ... Solaris 9 system and I am using the relevant version of mod_ssl. ... rather than to install the web server from another source. ... Well, first of all, why are you using the Sun Freeware apache? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)