Re: Benchmarking Solidworks in VirtualBox and VMWare Server

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:

Unfortunately, no matter how capable, no CAD program can replace
Solidworks in Israeli engineering. They have too much of a foothold.
If you don't use Solid, you are not an engineer.

Please, please write to SW and let them know that you need a Linux
version. That is the only way that they will write one. I have no
problem paying the $200 ($99 for students) for the program, so long as
it runs natively on Linux. Let them know that you are interested and
maybe, just maybe, if enough people write to them, they will listen.

Gee. When I interviewed at IAI years ago, they were still on the board.
I'm surprised that Pro-Engineer hasn't made inroads there.

--
Bob Holtzman
The most dangerouos aren't the ones who don't know.