Re: Install Ubuntu - Booting from External Hard Drive

Have a look at these:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent
http://www.debuntu.org/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-usb-bar

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:42 AM, elmo <elmo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I've had the same problem trying to boot a cloned copy of ubuntu from
the WD external usb hard drive.
I think the problem is in the command 'root' which selects the boot
partition of the external drive. I haven't been able to determine what
address should be in the root command.

Regards,
Russ