Re: How To Encrypt existing home directory?

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Pedro Vanzella <ppvanzella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

If reinstalling is an option the alternate install cd offers an encryption
feature

  • How To Encrypt existing home directory?
    ... I want to encrypt my existing home directory (I don't mind losing the ... files, actually, I can make a backup) and the swap partition. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Where do you put your swap partition?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: I really do like OS X but . . .
    ... NTFS security handles that. ... *all* of your personal data is stored in the home directory, ... almost as silly as saying "XP can only encrypt data if it's on an NTFS ... external drives, unless the drives have been formatted as NTFS. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Backups - how to encrypt (sensitive data)
    ... entire home directory gets encrypted - there's way too ... encrypt. ... backups - backups live at home safely. ... I consulted with the local fire department regarding fire safes. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Encrypted backups
    ... I'm using FileVault to encrypt my home directory, ... Use disk utility to create an encrypted .dmg? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)