Re: Playing google video MP4 files

Hi

In my Ubuntu 7.10 VLC plays it OK. What version of Ubuntu are you using?
In my system, also totem asks to install a GStreamer plugins package. If
you don't install it, it plays the video without the sound.

I tried again, i think the download must have terminated early for
some reason as second file was bigger and worked ok. Do large clips
always download ok for you?

Kind regards
Jon

  • So much for Windows XP being spyware free...
    ... It finds 61 different pieces of spyware, ... I get an option to download ... some Office updates and an updated video driver for the ... Each install fails ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: WindowsUpdate_80240016 error
    ... They guy has just directed you to download malicious or crapware. ... Update will not install and shows Error Code 80240016 - computer runs forever but nothing happens. ... - but Vista will not allow me to rename the folder even tho I am an Admin ... Stop the Windows Update service ...
  • Re: "random" sounds, promos, previews, etc.
    ... defaults",close,then open device mgr,expand the sound tree,R.click sound ... If you don't have SP2 installed, clean up the computer and install it after doing the preparatory work. ... Scroll all the way down to almost the bottom of the page and you'll see a box titled "Infos Zum Download - Multi-AV Scanning Tool". ... If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a professional computer repair shop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: spyware not working
    ... You cannot really "download from a disc" - you could install. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... More full function applications for CD/DVD burning would be: ...
  • Re: NO sound device detected
    ... you do not have the drivers installed for your sound device and you need to install them. ... Go to the computer or motherboard manufacturers support site and download/install the drivers per their instructions. ... Create a new folder named Everest and extract the contents of the download to that folder. ...