Re: xorg resolution problem in Hardy

On 03/27/2008 12:32 AM, A. Kromic wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 03/26/2008 02:56 PM, A. Kromic wrote:

Hello everybody.

...snip...snip...
Thanks,
Arni Kromic

Had the same problem(s) on my upgrades from Gutsy to Hardy. I got tired
of messing with the "new & improved" xorg and loaded my old xorg.conf
from Gutsy & all works now. If you have upgraded, you probably have a
copy of your old xorg.conf in /etc/X11 - rename the "new & improved"
xorg.conf to something else and rename your old xorg.conf.<name> to
xorg.conf and then log out and back in. Should work.

Also note that the old System|Administration|Screens and Graphics is now
located at Applications|Other|Screens and Graphics, so you can try that
as well. I did... didn't help, only reverting back to my old xorg.conf
worked.

Um, no I don't have the old file any more :( Guess I've had to back it
up before, unfortunately I didn't know of the "improvements".
Is there anything left in Hardy, capable of generating a xorg.conf file?

Take care,
AK

Try using Applications|Other|Screens and Graphics.