Re: xorg resolution problem in Hardy
- From: NoOp <glgxg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:02:31 -0700
On 03/27/2008 12:32 AM, A. Kromic wrote:
On 03/26/2008 02:56 PM, A. Kromic wrote:Um, no I don't have the old file any more :( Guess I've had to back it
Had the same problem(s) on my upgrades from Gutsy to Hardy. I got tired
of messing with the "new & improved" xorg and loaded my old xorg.conf
from Gutsy & all works now. If you have upgraded, you probably have a
copy of your old xorg.conf in /etc/X11 - rename the "new & improved"
xorg.conf to something else and rename your old xorg.conf.<name> to
xorg.conf and then log out and back in. Should work.
Also note that the old System|Administration|Screens and Graphics is now
located at Applications|Other|Screens and Graphics, so you can try that
as well. I did... didn't help, only reverting back to my old xorg.conf
up before, unfortunately I didn't know of the "improvements".
Is there anything left in Hardy, capable of generating a xorg.conf file?
Try using Applications|Other|Screens and Graphics.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Question on securely wiping EXT3 and some questions on linux and privacy in general
- Next by Date: Re: Question on securely wiping EXT3 and some questions on linux and privacy in general
- Previous by thread: RE: xorg resolution problem in Hardy
- Next by thread: Auto update failure