Re[2]: Managed to install Ubuntu but a question about Alsa

On 2008-03-27 at 12:21 NoOp wrote:

On 03/27/2008 10:45 AM, Christian wrote:
Hi all, I finally manage to install Ubuntu Hardy after changing DVD
here. I am having no problems with playing audio using Pulseaudio but
programs that want to use Alsa don't seem to work. It cannot open
device. Some of them are Gnusound and Ardour2. Any help would be
apreciated, many thanks. Christian

Perhaps this will help:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio

Yes, but since Pulseaudio is already installed how do I get Alsa support?
I am still learning this. Should I install the libasound2-plugins and create that config file?
As of now i cannot use the sound editor I want to use.
Many thanks,
Christian