Re: Fonts in Ubuntu 8.04
- From: komputes <komputes@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:35:05 -0400
The most effective way I have found to view/install fonts is
kfontviewer. An amazing little piece of free software, allows you to
preview the fonts and then decide whether you want them installed
locally (user) or system wide. You can get it through add/remove.
If you want to install a whole bunch of fonts without preview:
make .fonts in home dir and put it in there
put fonts in /usr/share/fonts
sudo fc-cache -f #to update the font cache
Please, does anyone know how to effectively add or delete fonts inUbuntu 8.04 Hardy? There is no way to get to the fonts folder to do
this. Is it a bug or an oversight of the developers?
----- Original Message ----
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2008 1:42:26 PM
Subject: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 46, Issue 240
Send ubuntu-users mailing list submissions to
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
You can reach the person managing the list at
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of ubuntu-users digest..."
1. Re: Hug day for Open Office (Karl Larsen)
2. 53-monospace-lcd-filter.conf (Craig Hurley)
3. Re: 53-monospace-lcd-filter.conf (Karl Larsen)
4. Re: Firefox printing (Xandros Pilosa)
5. Re: 53-monospace-lcd-filter.conf (NoOp)
6. Re: Still having issues with an embedded nvidia 6100 card &
3d (David Fox)
7. Re: Overheating Laptop (Detlef Lechner)
8. running a script at shutdown (Dirk Tamme)
9. SU Authentication failure (John)
10. Re: SU Authentication failure (Phil Sexton)
11. Re: Fonts in Ubuntu 8.04 (Detlef Lechner)
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:47:48 -0600
From: Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hug day for Open Office
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Charlie Kravetz wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
like toI went back to find the email announcing this work. I would
Here's the information -help but do not know how. Can some help me?
The OpenOffice.org maintainer has been doing a heroic job of handling
bug reports regarding OpenOffice but he can still use your help!
Subsequently, the next hug day, on Tuesday, June 17th, will focus on
OpenOffice. There are currently about 214 New bug reports regarding
Open Office and we will be focusing on reducing that number in addition
to look at some outstanding Incomplete and Confirmed bugs. We'll do
this by following up with reporters, documenting test cases, confirming
bug reports and tagging bugs based on their sub-component. The event
will be held in #Ubuntu-bugs on Freenode. The list of targeted bugs and
tasks is posted at:
Our goal is to deal with all of the bugs on that list.
So on 17 June 2008, in all timezones, we'll be meeting in
#ubuntu-bugs on irc.freenode.net for another Ubuntu Hug Day.
While you are welcome to apply to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team
anytime, Hug Day is a great day to join!
If you're interested in helping to make the next release of Ubuntu even
better - please stop by. And feel free to ask bdmurray, pedro, calc
(the OpenOffice maintainer) and the rest of the team for ways to help
out. We hope to see you there and your name on the list of bug
Thank you. I see the job and it is large.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Fonts in Ubuntu 8.04
- From: RC
- Fonts in Ubuntu 8.04
- Prev by Date: Re: Firefox 3.0 aggravations
- Next by Date: Re: /etc/network/interfaces strange behaviour
- Previous by thread: Re: Fonts in Ubuntu 8.04
- Next by thread: Writing to a USB Device