Re: GNOME Invest 2.22.2 Applet Problem **SOLVED**

I wrote:
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:57:01 -0500
From: Jay Ridgley <jridgley2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: GNOME Invest 2.22.2 Applet Problem
To: gnome-list@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Folks,

I am posting this to both gnome-list and ubuntu-users. It most likely
should be only the gnome-list...

I recently moved my home directory from one partition to another; after
some difficulty I was able to get it completed. As a part of the move my
panel applets were not able to be included due to some technical
difficulties. I have been able to get them all back the way I want them
with the exception of the Invest 2.22.2 applet. When I added it, the
only thing that will appear is the applet icon on the panel and the
pull down list(button 2). I was able to set some ticker symbols using
the preferences pull down. They are present when I look at preferences
again. However, when I click(button 1) on the icon the only thing i get
is a very small dot under the panel bar, no list of my stocks. How
should I proceed...

Thanks,
Jay

Folks,

After reviewing the source and discovering that the applet could be
invoked in it's own window for debugging, I was able to determine that
the ticker symbols must be entered in UPPERCASE. To do so, click button
2 just to the right of the applet area and a drop down window will
appear, click on preferences. A window will appear click Add and an
entry for GOOG will appear . Now click on GOOG and change the symbol,
next press enter. The new symbol you entered should be there. You may
also update the other items in the line (shares, amount, commission) in
the same manner. After you enter all the symbols and information you
want click close. (Note: you may also delete entries by clicking Remove)

Cheers,
Jay

--

Jay Ridgley
jridgley2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: GNOME Invest 2.22.2 Applet Problem **SOLVED**
    ... GNOME Invest 2.22.2 Applet Problem ... I have been able to get them all back the way I want them with the exception of the Invest 2.22.2 applet. ... I was able to set some ticker symbols using the preferences pull down. ... After reviewing the source and discovering that the applet could be invoked in it's own window for debugging, I was able to determine that the ticker symbols must be entered in UPPERCASE. ...
    (GNOME)
  • GNOME Invest 2.22.2 Applet Problem
    ... I am posting this to both gnome-list and ubuntu-users. ... with the exception of the Invest 2.22.2 applet. ... only thing that will appear is the applet icon on the panel and the ... the preferences pull down. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: opening a window from an applet..
    ... (public class extends JFrame?) ... if it's a JFrame instead of an applet does it still have to have initmethod? ... (can I open a swing window from an applet? ... a new window from an applet this is simply for a chat app applet, chat window opens in a new window (new window doesn't mean a separate app.. ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: Please...Applet frame resize problem
    ... > All I'm trying to do is open a window that displays my applet and lets me ... You say you want to display your applet ... Having something 'pop-up' is also considered ... launch applications* ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: opening a window from an applet..
    ... (public class extends JFrame?) ... if it's a JFrame instead of an applet does it still have to have initmethod? ... (can I open a swing window from an applet? ... Which is a frame like any other. ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)