Re: apt-get system reinstallation

Oliver Grawert wrote:
hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 09.07.2008, 09:06 -0400 schrieb Bart Silverstrim:
I have 2 Ubuntu 8.04 systems, one where youtube videos crash Firefox
constantly (flash problem?) and the other doesn't seem have trouble
playing flash videos. So while the latest Firefox and flash plugins from
the repos may have troubles, it may be a combination problem of some
kind on the one that is causing issues?
as i pointed out in a different thread before:
there is nothing you can do but try out the different fixes from the
bug ... sadly there is no unified fix that works for everyone which
makes the bug so tricky ... reinstalling packages will neither fix
flash, nor libflashsupport, nor their communication problem. the
binaries wont change if you install them again...

No, I understand that part (I looked at the bug report you had posted
and said in a followup that, sadly, it looked like the "fix" was to wait
for the upstream to correct bugs). What I have are two systems, updated,
running 8.04, where one crashes consistently and the other does not.
Something is triggering the bug and I wondered if it was something with
the state of the installation or if it's one system has XYZ while the
other has XY only, and Z in conjunction with the others is causing the
crashing.

So I wondered about whether the reinstall/repo verification would show a
possible error triggering the behavior, that's all.

  • Re: Macro Photography Help
    ... interested to hear about your experiences and see the results. ... on-camera flash. ... Often I look at a bug and it's ... My take on macro focus rails is they come into their own for ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Status of Flash 9 on stable
    ... Testing of that patch ... instead of Std-Res 360p locks up Flash and the browser. ... I am glad we know where the bug is. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • RE: Macromedia on Internet Explorer 6
    ... Go to Macromedia website and download the special uninstaller for Flash 8. ... user account unless you tweak the registry per Macromedia's bug workaround. ...
  • Re: Which macro flash system works best?
    ... Nikon-style twin or triple rectangular light flash system? ... the LED/normal light non-flash rigs are the cheapest and probably the ... It's best to use a long lens that has (maybe with a closeup lens or ... between the lens and the bug or you will scare the bug. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: apt-get system reinstallation
    ... constantly and the other doesn't seem have trouble ... playing flash videos. ... sadly there is no unified fix that works for everyone which ... makes the bug so tricky ... ...
    (Ubuntu)