Re: Help

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 03:28 -0400, Jake wrote:
I have Ubuntu 8.04 and I installed it to work "with" Windows XP, and
now I can't get to Windows XP anymore, it automatically boots into
Ubuntu, I need help on how to either UNINSTALL Ubuntu or INSTRUCTIONS
on how to get to Windows XP, all your help will be appreciated..

Try this link. It explains all about dual booting XP with linux.

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_windows_xp_and_linux_xp_installed_first.htm

Actually, it doesn't. It's a nice tutorial for installing Linux onto a
Windows machine, but it doesn't tell you anything about getting Grub
configured - it just assumes that the installer gets that right.

You are absolutely correct in your assumption. I have set up several
machines with dual boot of Windows XP and Ubuntu and, in every case, the
installer got it correct. I started with a fully up to date Windows XP
Pro installed and then installed Ubuntu following the on screen
instructions. Then, on switching on from cold, the machines booted into
Ubuntu. To get Windows XP from Ubuntu do a warm boot or when switching
on from cold, as the machine starts to boot press the Esc key a few
times until the menu appears, select Windows, press enter and away you
go. I hope this is of some help.

Norman

  • Re: Where do I get the drivers for ASUS m-board
    ... within a file in the Windows file system ... as opposed to being installed within its own partition. ... chance to boot Linux from a Windows boot menu at ... so this installer is ideal. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Re: Building computer
    ... laptop but that machine was not detecting Ubuntu ... and directly booting into Windows 8. ... boot mode from 'UEFI' mode to 'Legacy' mode. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Where do I get the drivers for ASUS m-board
    ... within a file in the Windows file system ... as opposed to being installed within its own partition. ... chance to boot Linux from a Windows boot menu at ... so this installer is ideal. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Restoring the MBR on a CD-ROM less Notebook
    ... I have run the Recovery process, ... The BIOS supports booting from USB because it booted the Ubuntu Live CD I ... re-create Windows 7 boot loader or whatever. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Windows start up error message re Setup32.exe
    ... "Rock" wrote: ... Does it happen if you boot into safe mode? ... How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP ... Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)