Re: Help

norman wrote:

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 03:28 -0400, Jake wrote:
I have Ubuntu 8.04 and I installed it to work "with" Windows XP, and
now I can't get to Windows XP anymore, it automatically boots into
Ubuntu, I need help on how to either UNINSTALL Ubuntu or INSTRUCTIONS
on how to get to Windows XP, all your help will be appreciated..

Try this link. It explains all about dual booting XP with linux.

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_windows_xp_and_linux_xp_installed_first.htm

Actually, it doesn't. It's a nice tutorial for installing Linux onto a
Windows machine, but it doesn't tell you anything about getting Grub
configured - it just assumes that the installer gets that right.

You are absolutely correct in your assumption. I have set up several
machines with dual boot of Windows XP and Ubuntu and, in every case, the
installer got it correct.

Fine - but that's not much help if you (as Jake has) have already installed
both OS's and you don't have a grub menu. In my case, the installer got it
right with every install since Warty - except the time I installed to an
external drive, but there's enough anecdotal evidence that, even if there
isn't anything actually wrong with the installer, it's not too difficult
for a user to complete the install without getting grub properly set up.

That said, I think Nils probably got it right, with the menu just being
hidden.
--
derek