Re: Where to put the Grub loader

Karl Larsen wrote:

I was told by someone that since Windows always puts it's loader on
the first hard drive Master Boot Record (MBR) location it would be good
to install Grub on another Hard Drive or at least another partition.

This sounds good at first flash but then a problem. Your BIOS
looking for something to load looks ONLY at the MBR of the first drive

You need a better BIOS. Mine looks at the very least on CD/DVD, USB and the
first hard drive.

So it is not possible to install Grub elsewhere and expect it to
work. I have tried this and yes it is true. It doesn't work.

That advice _did_ suggest modifying the _Windows_ boot loader to find

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: