Re: SSH connection problem

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 07:35:39PM +0200, Zhengguo Xu wrote:

oops, i thought that's a w for water. so type ssh -vv on laptop gives:

A really good font for consoles is here:
http://www.levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html

You won't mistake a w for a vv with a programer's font (as well as a zero and
an "o" or 0 and O).

debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.35 port 22: Connection timed out
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.35 port 22: Connection timed out

So laptop--->same_laptop is not working?
'telnet localhost 22' is not working on laptop--->laptop?

when i did the same on desktop, there's a lot of message coming out on

-vv is for our usage. Can you post the output of -vv?

also, Eric, thanks for the help but your suggestion is kind vague for a
newbie like me. i do checked out for $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys however and
it tourned out there is no such file there. on both pcs, in $HOME/.ssh/
there's only a file called "known_hosts".

I see, you aren't doing key authentication.
Can you post your sshd_config

I deleted some messages and I think you are trying to ssh

From desktop--->laptop (works okay)
and
from laptop---->same_laptop (does not work).

Is that what's happening?
--
em

  • Re: Openssh on solaris 9 x86
    ... The thing is I was using the SPARC instead of i386 package by mistake and ... right now my ssh is working fine. ... NITP ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: NetworkManager
    ... Upgrade completed using ssh over a LAN. ... to reboot and see if the text consoles reappear until tomorrow. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problem with sftp server, static linking, pam and nss_ldap.
    ... even though scp and ssh can still use it. ... that was an experiment that was committed by mistake. ... Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@xxxxxx ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: can openssh/logins be exploited this way?
    ... As far as SSH is concerned, the point here is that you shouldn't have done ... then you should have compared the key fingerprint with ... purpose, right?), and discovered your mistake. ... false server attacks, but you must pay attention to them. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Help: Can not login at local tty!!