Re: SSH connection problem

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 07:35:39PM +0200, Zhengguo Xu wrote:

oops, i thought that's a w for water. so type ssh -vv on laptop gives:

A really good font for consoles is here:
http://www.levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html

You won't mistake a w for a vv with a programer's font (as well as a zero and
an "o" or 0 and O).

debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.35 port 22: Connection timed out
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.35 port 22: Connection timed out

So laptop--->same_laptop is not working?
'telnet localhost 22' is not working on laptop--->laptop?

when i did the same on desktop, there's a lot of message coming out on

-vv is for our usage. Can you post the output of -vv?

also, Eric, thanks for the help but your suggestion is kind vague for a
newbie like me. i do checked out for $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys however and
it tourned out there is no such file there. on both pcs, in $HOME/.ssh/
there's only a file called "known_hosts".

I see, you aren't doing key authentication.
Can you post your sshd_config

I deleted some messages and I think you are trying to ssh

From desktop--->laptop (works okay)
and
from laptop---->same_laptop (does not work).

Is that what's happening?