Re: home directory shortcut

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 12:48 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Pastor JW
<pastor_jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 12 September 2008 06:13:05 am Karl Auer wrote:

HOWEVER: You have reminded me of an even simpler way to achieve what the
OP wanted: Just drag and drop the "Home Folder" entry out of the
"Places" list onto the desktop. You will end up with exactly what I
described in the previous paragraph and an earlier message.

Once a person does that, how would one put it back away???

I tried dragging "Home Folder" from the Places menu in the panel and
it looked as if it were going to make a copy of my home folder - at
which point I canceled. I don't have enough disk space to try that ;)

If you create a launcher - or if the above drag-and-drop procedure
does create a launcher - you can just delete it.

I disable all of my Desktop icons and use the Places menu in
conjunction with the Places sidebar in nautilus, but to each their
own...

Chris

try creating a custom launcher on your panel, and ser it to a
application in the command put
"nautilus //home/username"
**where username is your user/login name***