Relicensing the AMR codec for inclusion in Ubuntu

I have requested from th 3GPP organization to relicense the AMR codec
so that it can be included in Ubuntu and other Linux distributions.
They seem very interested and have requested that I fill out a
copyright questionnaire to make a formal request. I am not a lawyer
nor a software engineer, so I would appreciate it if people more
qualified than I would review the document and email me the results.
It is attached to the bug which catalyzed the idea:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ffmpeg/+bug/93849 (comment #14)

Thanks. If you know of other software projects that could benefit from
a relicensing of the AMR codec (pretty much every FOSS Linux
distribution and media player) then please forward to them this
message.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

  • Re: Relicensing the AMR codec for inclusion in Ubuntu
    ... so that it can be included in Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. ... copyright questionnaire to make a formal request. ... Ubuntu Foundations Team ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Yet Another Boring Discussion About The CoC
    ... but a request isn't a requirement. ... Contrary to popular belief, Ubuntu is not a democracy but a meritocracy, ... with Mark Shuttleworth as the SABDFL (Self-Appointed Benevolent Dictator ... proceeding where a party loudly and rudely complained that the judge had ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: My request to ubuntu developer team
    ... I don't know if this is the right place to put a request or not. ... "As a matter of great curiosity, it is really great to use Ubuntu LTS ... integrated with it the Unity desktop, since it is so good right now, in the ... And you know, having played with GNOME 3 and GNOME Shell a bit, I ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Yet Another Boring Discussion About The CoC
    ... but a request isn't a requirement. ... Contrary to popular belief, Ubuntu is not a democracy but a meritocracy, ... with Mark Shuttleworth as the SABDFL (Self-Appointed Benevolent Dictator ... most mailing lists aren't a democracy either. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Strange Web Server Log Entries
    ... Ubuntu 7.04 AND My Laptop with Ubuntu 7.10 ... The server only servers static XHTML and CSS pages. ... What's weird is the response codes. ... "200 OK" on almost every proxy request, ...
    (Security-Basics)