Ubuntu will not boot. Busybox (initramfs)

I'm trying to boot from the CD in trial mode. Keep getting busybox
When I try to install.I get the same thing.

Ubuntu will not boot:

Busybox v1.1.3 bebian 1:1.1.3-5 ubuntu
(initramfs)

Tried looking at the ubunto help pages. No luck.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kirk

  • RE: Ubuntu will not boot. Busybox (initramfs)
    ... Ubuntu will not boot at all Goes to Busybox. ... I'm trying to start the Trial version without the install. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Ubuntu will not boot. Busybox (initramfs)
    ... What version of Ubuntu did you use? ... Ubuntu will not boot: ... Busybox v1.1.3 bebian 1:1.1.3-5 ubuntu ... Tried looking at the ubunto help pages. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Ubuntu/Kubuntu on Mac G5.
    ... Yaboot simply can't load OS X. it tries, and the screen flickers, but nothing happens. ... I'm quite puzzled by why OSX won't boot. ... it says that the line beginning "macosx=" should give the open firmware or unix device path to the OSX boot partition. ... You can use the mouse to select your OSX or your Ubuntu drive, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Restore /boot? (wiped out by ubuntu install)
    ... ubuntu *insisted* on ... The other choice was to use the /boot partition on /dev/sda which was also in use by fc 6. ... create a new partition where you can boot ubuntu from. ... Since both the fc 6 on sda and f8 installed on sdb are lvm based, creating a new partition would require wiping the drive, I think, Instead I had created some new LogVol's on the copious free space of 500G sdb for ubuntu where it installed OK previously. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit installed along onto Pre-Installed Windows 8 System Woes (EFI related)
    ... Ubuntu 12.10 _64 bit_ on USB flahs will boot in UEFI mode on a sane ... it will install and run with Secure Boot ON - ... Manually edited the 40_custom file under the grub.d folder to add an entry for Windows 8 with the UUID of the Window's drives boot partition. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)