Help needed in installing Nvidia on Ubuntu

Hello,

I am not sure about whether it is the right platform to ask question on
installing Nvidia on Ubuntu 8.10, but since there are many talented gurus
and good support, I am taking this opportunity.

I have installed Ubuntu 8.10 and have Nvidia 8800 GT card. Motherboard
is Intel DG31PR. When I reboot the machine, it says that the GeForce
8800 GT doesn't have appropriate external cables and unless we rectify
this problem, X will not start.

I don't know what is appropriate external cable is ? I have Old CRT monitor
and one adapter came along with the Nvidia package.

There was one option to run the graphics in low-grade mode, when I tried
to use that, it says GLX not found and double buffer is not available.

Can someone give some directions to resolve these problems ?

csv

  • Re: Help needed in installing Nvidia on Ubuntu
    ... on installing Nvidia on Ubuntu 8.10, but since there are many talented ... I have installed Ubuntu 8.10 and have Nvidia 8800 GT card. ... are you having an xorg configuration problem vis-a-vis intel video ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Does this system work optimal on Ubuntu?
    ... NVidia is not a good choice for an Ubuntu system. ... and developing open drivers, but if you get their latest cards, expect ... Intel is the best bet (if you avoid the rare closed chipset like the ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Nvidia headaches or bad motherboard?
    ... with the KVM set to the linux box to correct this problem. ... Nvidia headaches or bad motherboard? ... Ubuntu 8.04.01-alternate-amd64 has problems which I described in the ... Your screen and graphics card could not ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Elementary OS : "nvidia" driver, font size and DPI adjustment
    ... I recently migrated my office server to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, ... NVidia video card. ... to the 304 driver solved that problem. ... and usually the problem was solved by adjusting the DPI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Still having issues with an embedded nvidia 6100 card & 3d
    ... first installed ubuntu hardy heron, ... and I had an nvidia FX 5200 AGP graphics card. ... A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- ... You install that from the init 1 and it writes to the kernel ...
    (Ubuntu)