Re: Uninstallin Flashplayer?

On 11/30/2008 06:51 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

File sizes don't mean squat; do a simple md5sum to
check to ensure that
the files are the same.

Gee Gary, you sure are bossy bitchy tonight; have too much turkey since Thanksgiving.-:)) But to make you happy I checked the md5sum on the one I corrected and the one in /var/lib/flashplugin-nonfree that all the browser plugins are linked to and guess what, they all agreed. Thanks for the tip. I needed the practice-:))
Leonard Chatagnier

Huh. No bossy bitchy, just pointing out a fact. BTW md5sum isn't all
it's cracked up to be as a valid hash[1] but for this case it's better
than just comparing a file size and or/date. sha,1-512>sum is probably a
better choice if file integrity is important.

[1] http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/SoftIntCodeSign/

  • Re: Powermatic mystery?
    ... Huh, huh ... ... Pointing out the obvious, eh? ... Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, ... the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Powermatic mystery?
    ... Huh, huh ... ... Pointing out the obvious, eh? ... Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, ... the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Avg IQ of forum
    ... This wasn't spam, I was pointing to a legit site that I have nothing to do with. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: free-will
    ... Did that by pointing out that PJ got defensive and took the offense ... where there was no need for it, huh? ... Read the thread Stan, look for ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: Police search of local school designed to build positive relationships with students
    ... I suppose that's why cops make such lousy Big Brothers/Big Sisters, ... I'm just pointing out that it's not usually going to happen ... when a cop's drug dog is alerting on the weed inside their locker. ... huh?] ...
    (rec.autos.driving)