Re: Uninstallin Flashplayer?

On 11/30/2008 06:51 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

File sizes don't mean squat; do a simple md5sum to
check to ensure that
the files are the same.

Gee Gary, you sure are bossy bitchy tonight; have too much turkey since Thanksgiving.-:)) But to make you happy I checked the md5sum on the one I corrected and the one in /var/lib/flashplugin-nonfree that all the browser plugins are linked to and guess what, they all agreed. Thanks for the tip. I needed the practice-:))
Leonard Chatagnier

Huh. No bossy bitchy, just pointing out a fact. BTW md5sum isn't all
it's cracked up to be as a valid hash[1] but for this case it's better
than just comparing a file size and or/date. sha,1-512>sum is probably a
better choice if file integrity is important.

[1] http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/SoftIntCodeSign/