Re: Wireless issues, but oddly the opposite of what you normally hear....

On 12/01/2008 02:07 PM, Steve Flynn wrote:
[snip]

The difference is that today the router is braodcasting on Channel 1.
I've not made any amendments to it (the router) but I now see it in
both Vista and Linux on Channel 1. The gven password, which refused to
authenticate under Linux last week is now working in both OS'es.

I'm in the UK, where Channel 13 is legit.

Overall I'm stumped as to why a UK configured Vista won't see a Ch 13
router yet Linux would (but not authenticate). I'm also stumped why
the router has switched channels, apparently by itself as the landlady
has no idea of what a channel is, let alone as to how to change it.

My _guess_ would be that it you check the router, the channel selection
is probably set to 'Auto' and at some point had switched to 13.