Re: Wireless issues, but oddly the opposite of what you normally hear....

Steve Flynn wrote:

US...

I should also point out that I mention the Ch 13 info as I knew it was
illegal in certain areas but to my knowledge it was ok in the UK. I'm
now wondering whether Vista has a bug in that it own't see a Ch 13
router despite being configured up to be in "London". I'm also
wondering whether there is a similar subtle bug in the linux wireless
drivers for my hardware in seeing the AP but not being able to
authenticate.

Then again, maybe it's the router being a funny bugger and not playing
fair on Ch 13.

Vista might or might not be the culprit for not seeing the AP on channel 13. The driver of your wireless adapter, or the hardware itself might be the problem. Maybe the adapter has a problem with channels higher than 11 and the OEM just disabled those problematic channels in the driver...

This is just a theory tho. I'm in North America, so I can't test the theory, but I think it's plausible...

Albert Charron
Linux Counter member #157482
Registered computers: 387105, 387106

  • Re: [2.6 patch] let CONFIG_SECCOMP default to n
    ... But only if SECCOMP code runs, ... much covert channels, ... being security risks. ... Any bug that affects seccomp security is always a security bug for ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: WS_CAPTION bug (only on Vista?)
    ... void setfs(HWND parent, HWND child, int fullscreen) ... Since the bug appears in Vista and not in XP or Win7 I am surprised to ... I have a couple Vista systems and thought I'd give it a shot, ... specification of what windows are being passed in. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Why does Windows 7 see more digital channels than Vista SP2 in
    ... lots of things then trying other windows based DVR software, I put on MythTV, ... Since that failed attempt to get VMC to play 1080i h.264 video, ... But the good news is that what ever it is in Vista that causing this ... There certainly have been some issues digital channels and the switchover. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Why does Windows 7 see more digital channels than Vista SP2 in
    ... Since that failed attempt to get VMC to play 1080i h.264 video, ... But the good news is that what ever it is in Vista that causing this ... There certainly have been some issues digital channels and the switchover. ... > I gave up on the Windows MC idea a long while back, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Australian EPG using ICETV with Vista continually breaks - Mic
    ... ICE have a market, and when it works delivers 7 days of epg content ... Now for those using ICE and Vista it's a pain in the tail. ... I also believe that Bladerunner Pro also exhibits the same problem. ... The problems with channels disappearing is specific to DVB-T in MCE 2005. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)