Re: Wireless issues, but oddly the opposite of what you normally hear....

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:43 PM, NoOp <glgxg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/01/2008 02:25 PM, Albert Charron wrote:

Vista might or might not be the culprit for not seeing the AP on channel
13. The driver of your wireless adapter, or the hardware itself might be
the problem. Maybe the adapter has a problem with channels higher than
11 and the OEM just disabled those problematic channels in the driver...

On the linux side, could also be some issues with kernel drivers; I
think that laptop uses Intel wireless, so this may be related:

It does indeed use Intel wireless. I'll check out those bugs and see
if I can add something into the mix with regards to the detail.

At least I know I'm not going nuts! :)

iwl3945 driver doesn't see !US wireless channels on UK laptop [intrepid
regression]

I can't recall from the top of my head which intel drivers are in use
on the Linux side of the fence. I'll reboot and make usre I have my
facts straight.

Thanks chaps!

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

  • Re: Network issues in Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    ... If the manufacturer of the wireless adapter hasn't got a driver that works without crashing you'll need to get a different wifi adapter. ...
  • Re: Wireless issues, but oddly the opposite of what you normally hear....
    ... The driver of your wireless adapter, or the hardware itself might be ... 11 and the OEM just disabled those problematic channels in the driver... ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Help: Wifi-AP @n [P5E3 Premium]
    ... Actually the manufacturer listed for the Wireless Adapter is Asustek, ... with the driver being from a company called Ralink. ... things I do not understand is okay great for the dual ethernet jacks ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Help: Wifi-AP @n [P5E3 Premium]
    ... Actually the manufacturer listed for the Wireless Adapter is Asustek, ... with the driver being from a company called Ralink. ...  What I think truly lacks from Asus is a decent interface to ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Cant connect to Internet and e-mail.
    ... do you have any further ideas regarding my internet connection ... Would it be wise to run the Windows Wireless Wizard again on all ... Windows "roll back driver" feature but this did not correct the ...