Re: cron job

OOzy Pal wrote:

Hello,

I need to move big files from one remote server to other remote
server. I think I can do this by cron jobs. The urls for the backup
data is for example

www.xyz.com/file1.tar.
www.xyz.com/file2.tar

I do

wget -c -t 999 www.xyz.com/file1.tar
wget -c -t 999 www.xyz.com/file2.tar

How can I make a cron job to automatically move these files between
the two servers.

wtp? Just add those commands to an appropriate crontab. You probably
want to add the options to reduce output and put the data into a specific
directory, but you've essentially got everything you need.
--
derek

  • Re: copy folder to remote server
    ... copy folder to remote server ... copy folder to remote server ... Your search - madunix - did not match any documents. ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: [PHP] Communicating with remote server
    ... On the database server, under the control of it's web server, the script ... Communicating with remote server ... both my server and the remote server have webservers with PHP ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: where did all the files go
    ... the local web site folder to a remote test server and delete the local ... the pages to a remote server, are the files that are copied to the remote ... You can then back up the entire folder ... VS2005 has a Publish Web Site option that enables you to publish to ...
  • Re: Configuring GNOME to automatically start screensaver after user logged in - Fedora Core 6
    ... I can now remotely connect to the native X display of the ... remote server without having to log into the remote server first ... it presents me with a login and I am able to log in. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Trying to understand DCOMs network traffic
    ... I have a server object which runs as an out process exe on my remote ... has been created on the remote server and then goes happily on its way. ... Dim oRemoteServerObj as object ... Dim vResults as variant ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.com)