Re: Ubuntu on a stick

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
I want to put a desktop Ubuntu LiveCD-Rom onto a USB memory stick. Learned that UNetbootin was a package that will do the trick. So about 3 weeks ago I d/l this package. When I ran it this morning, after making it an exicutable file, it complained of not finding mtools and p7zip so I used apt-get install and loaded both packages. They loaded just fine.

Then put a 1 GB stick in the computer and ran UNetbootin from a Termainal. Since I have a .iso file for Hardy on my computer I used that and in just a few minutes I have the whole thing on the stick. It boots fine.

Karl

And again, what was the technical question???

Albert Charron
Linux Counter member #157482
Registered computers: 387105, 387106