Re: Ubuntu on a stick

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
I want to put a desktop Ubuntu LiveCD-Rom onto a USB memory stick. Learned that UNetbootin was a package that will do the trick. So about 3 weeks ago I d/l this package. When I ran it this morning, after making it an exicutable file, it complained of not finding mtools and p7zip so I used apt-get install and loaded both packages. They loaded just fine.

Then put a 1 GB stick in the computer and ran UNetbootin from a Termainal. Since I have a .iso file for Hardy on my computer I used that and in just a few minutes I have the whole thing on the stick. It boots fine.

Karl

And again, what was the technical question???

Albert Charron
Linux Counter member #157482
Registered computers: 387105, 387106

  • Re: Ubuntu on a stick
    ... Learned that UNetbootin was a package that will do the trick. ... Karl, everything in its place! ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Ubuntu on a stick
    ... I want to put a desktop Ubuntu LiveCD-Rom onto a USB memory ... Learned that UNetbootin was a package that will do the trick. ... making it an exicutable file, it complained of not finding mtools and ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 8.10 problems
    ... Hi, Karl, ... install the ATI or the NVIDIA driver ... Reading package lists... ... I discovered you can call "Hardware Drivers" ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 8.10 problems, resolved
    ... Karl F. Larsen wrote: ... Well gang I am now on 8.10 with the proper driver for this nvidia ... You posted earlier that a kernel update broke your wireless. ... in the new package when an update is available. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Ubuntu on a stick
    ... So about 3 weeks ago I d/l this package. ... Then put a 1 GB stick in the computer and ran UNetbootin ... One trick of his is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. ... USB memory stick to load Ubuntu is trivial? ...
    (Ubuntu)