Re: Ubuntu on a stick

Mario Vukelic wrote:
[Charlie, sorry to attach to your reply but quote Karl, I have killfiled
him. I won't do it again.]

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:39:00 -0700
"Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You assume if I ask no question
the email is worthless. To you I ask? Are you so smart the use of a
USB memory stick to load Ubuntu is trivial?

To Karl: it's pretty trivial in Ubuntu 8.10. Go to System ->
Administration -> Create a USB startup disk. (To the best of my
knowledge this is installed by default - ubuntu-desktop depends on this
package, usb-creator).

I haven't used UNetbootin and judging from the website it is more
powerful, but that is not needed to put a LiveCD onto a stick, as you
wrote.

Yes and you tell me I give bad information your's is far worse. You
admit you have never used UNetbootin but offer an opinion on it. Geeze!

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

  • Re: distro question
    ... It would be helpful if and when you do get a USB memory stick up and ... I seem to have pared it down to Puppy Linux and PCLinuxOS. ... Puppy appears to be more what I'm after but at first glance it seems a bit light on documentation; PCLinuxOS seems a bit commercialized and sniffs somewhat of the Ubuntu tendency to install everything everybody might ever need, but seems to offer several UI's ootb, its "mylivecd" sounds like an ootb remastersys equivalent, and as I recall it uses synaptic as its package mechanism... ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: distro question
    ... It would be helpful if and when you do get a USB memory stick up and ... bit commercialized and sniffs somewhat of the Ubuntu tendency to install ... its "mylivecd" sounds like an ootb remastersys equivalent (which ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Ubuntu on a stick
    ... USB memory stick to load Ubuntu is trivial? ... see one useless post followed by 10-20 other useless posts. ... talks only about how stupid I am. Stupid perhaps but there are still ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Ubuntu on a stick
    ... the email is worthless. ... USB memory stick to load Ubuntu is trivial? ... it's pretty trivial in Ubuntu 8.10. ... I haven't used UNetbootin and judging from the website it is more ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: New to group.
    ... Since you can not use a LiveCD this says your computer may not like Ubuntu. ... 73 Karl ... Your going to load a 10.04 version Desktop which bears little resemblance to a Windows but rather the Purple shaded like MAC uses. ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)