Re: Ubuntu on a stick

Mario Vukelic wrote:
[Charlie, sorry to attach to your reply but quote Karl, I have killfiled
him. I won't do it again.]

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:39:00 -0700
"Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You assume if I ask no question
the email is worthless. To you I ask? Are you so smart the use of a
USB memory stick to load Ubuntu is trivial?

To Karl: it's pretty trivial in Ubuntu 8.10. Go to System ->
Administration -> Create a USB startup disk. (To the best of my
knowledge this is installed by default - ubuntu-desktop depends on this
package, usb-creator).

I haven't used UNetbootin and judging from the website it is more
powerful, but that is not needed to put a LiveCD onto a stick, as you
wrote.

Yes and you tell me I give bad information your's is far worse. You
admit you have never used UNetbootin but offer an opinion on it. Geeze!

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User